In 1954 John’s father, Ian, pulled down the northern wing of the old Farmhouse with his tractor as it was unsafe! When we were having a historical survey written about the house Pat Tutt called this the ‘Lost House’.
In 2009 we replaced the lost house as an extension for Fiona’s parents to live in. They moved in in 2010 and are very useful neighbours, cooking breakfast for the guests once a week and helping with renovations of the old walled garden and bothys.
The completed house now looks more balanced and similar to the old painting we have of Knockaloe Beg!