Open Farm at Knockaloe Beg
These depend on the farming year, but during the season will include:
- Watching the cows being milked
- Bottle feeding lambs
- Trailer rides
- Pedal Go-Karts
- Disc Golf (Frisbee golf)
- Sheep racing
- Hand feeding the goats and sheep
- Feeding the chickens
- Handling our rabbits and guinea pigs
- Farm trails following Orienteering markers
- Donkey and Pony Rides (£2 extra)
Farmer’s Rest Cafe
The cafe will be open during these sessions serving hot and cold drinks and refreshments using lots of local produce.
Health and safety
- Please be vigilant with your children about not putting their hands in their mouths at all and very good hand washing after touching the animals.
- All clothing that has been in contact with the animals should be washed when you get home and shoes/boots must be cleaned and disinfected BEFORE and AFTER visiting the farm to protect yourself and our animals.
- PREGNANT women should avoid visiting the Farm between mid-March and the end of April when we are lambing.