Open Farm at Knockaloe Beg
Open Farm during Easter holidays and on selected dates during the summer. Follow us on Facebook for details.
No need to book the Open Farm, just turn up, but PLEASE check our Facebook page ‘Knockaloe Beg’ before coming in case we need to close unexpectedly.
These depend on the farming year, but during the season will include:
- Watching the cows being milked
- Bottle feeding lambs
- Trailer rides
- Pedal Go-Karts
- Disc Golf (Frisbee golf)
- Sheep racing
- Hand feeding the goats and sheep
- Feeding the chickens
- Handling our rabbits and guinea pigs
- Farm trails following Orienteering markers
- Donkey and Pony Rides (£2 extra)
Farmer’s Rest Cafe
The cafe will be open during these sessions serving hot and cold drinks and refreshments using lots of local produce.
Health and safety
- Please be vigilant with your children about not putting their hands in their mouths at all and very good hand washing after touching the animals.
- All clothing that has been in contact with the animals should be washed when you get home and shoes/boots must be cleaned and disinfected BEFORE and AFTER visiting the farm to protect yourself and our animals.
- PREGNANT women should avoid visiting the Farm between mid-March and the end of April when we are lambing.