“Lambing Live!” & Open Farm
Come and join us at Knockaloe Beg Farm every Easter to welcome hundreds of lambs into the world!
Dates: 4-18 April on Mon, Weds, Fri & Sat 12noon til 5pm
Open sessions – no need to book.
If you are lucky there will be a birth while you are visiting, but we cannot guarantee that, it is up to the girls…
If you are pregnant doctors advise you don’t attend farms where lambing is occurring.
No dogs. Too many sheep!
No unaccompanied children
Activities can include:
- Bottle feeding lambs
- Trailer rides
- Pedal Go-Karts
- Hand feeding the goats and sheep
- Feeding the chickens
- Handling our rabbits and guinea pigs
- Farm trails following Orienteering markers
- Donkey and Pony Rides (£2 extra)
How to find us:
Health and safety
- Please be vigilant with your children about not putting their hands in their mouths at all and very good hand washing after touching the animals.
- All clothing that has been in contact with the animals should be washed when you get home and shoes/boots must be cleaned and disinfected BEFORE and AFTER visiting the farm to protect yourself and our animals.
- PREGNANT women should avoid visiting the Farm between mid-March and the end of April when we are lambing.
What to expect at Lambing Live
The lambing live session will include seeing the new born lambs, feeding any orphans with bottles (hopefully not too many!), going on a trailer ride to feed the ewes still outside and maybe sneaking a peak at our other animals if the lambing is not too busy.
Farmer’s Rest Cafe
The Farmer’s Rest Cafe will be open 12-5 each day for delicious home cooked food and lots of cake!